Case StudyMount Kelly
Mount Kelly is a leading boarding and day school for boys and girls aged between 3-18. It’s located in Tavistock, Devon, and set in over 100 acres of countryside and woodland on the edge of the Dartmoor National Park.
- Thomas Franks appointed in April 2013 to cater for 585 pupils and 100 staff.
- Improvements made to food quality and range of foods offered.
- Investment in team training and local supply chain to provide nutritious and wholesome meals.
- Restaurant redesigned and rebranded by Thomas Franks creative team to make it an appealing place to dine. Healthy eating marketing material complements the look.
- Valued input from our company nutritionist who developed a specialist programme for the competitive swimming team and runs very successful hands-on workshops.
- Hospitality service re-launched with match teas becoming a real showcase for the school.
- Menus developed for Chinese exchange pupils.
- Food education initiatives such as healthy eating assemblies supported by Thomas Franks catering staff.